The Milky Way is a collection of billions of stars and planets
(including the Sun and Earth).
- It is also called a "galaxy".
- If you look into the night sky, it looks a bit like somebody
has spilt some milk. That is where the name comes from.
Take a closer look!
- Make a rocket here to send
Mr. Pritt into the Milky Way!
When meteoroids (small pieces) enter the Earth's atmosphere
from space, they burn up - you see it as a shooting star.
- People say that when you see a shooting star you are allowed to make one wish.
- Sometimes you can see real "meteorite showers".
Please allow us to set Cookies. There are some features on our websites that may not work without Cookies. To find out more about the Cookies we use, social media plug-ins and web tracking please visit our Cookie Information Page and the Data Protection Statement.