- Core competencies: 1. English, Reading
- Knowledge Area: English Language and
To create a model of a character in the novel "Little Prince "by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- Promote and encourage reading.
- Working with descriptive texts.
- Encourage imagination and creativity.
- Personal reading appropriate to age and interest.
- Development of reading, choosing themes and texts according to personal preferences.
- Identification of narrative, instructional, descriptive and explanatory structures, for simple comprehension and composition.
foam sheets, pencil, scissors, PVA glue, balls of expanded polystyrene, acrylic paints, brushes and plasticine.
2 sessions of 1 hour
Step by Step:
Before you start, tell the students to read the novel "The Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. Once they have done the reading, you have to choose a character from the book. For a better insight, create a character, in this case we have made the Prince.
To begin, draw body parts using different colours of foam sheets.
Then cut up the various body parts one by one.
Draw a background scene to build your character.
Using Adhesive Power Pritt, glue all parts of the body at the bottom of the scene.
To extend the activity, ask students to invent their ideal character as if they were the author of a book.